Adventures in Faith, learning every step of the way

lunes, 24 de febrero de 2014

The Blue Volvo

It was a sunny October afternoon.  The sun had chased all the clouds away and was smiling down on the happy children who were playing in the Street in front of my house. 

As usual, I was posted at the corner of the my garage, my eyes darting to and fro trying to keep two active boys in sight and also keep a watch out for coming cars. 

Like Moses parting the Red Sea, the blue Volvo came slowly down the Street as the children scurried out of its way to let it pass.  The blue volvo came to a gentle stop in front of my neighbor's house.  The woman who stepped out reminds me so much of my neighbor.  They have the same radiant smile.  The same energetic way of expressing themselves not only with words, but with their face, hands, and whole body.  Of course, they should have a lot in common... they are mother and daughter.

My neighbor's mother greeted me in a friendly manner and then pulled me to one side and asked if we take volunteers.  She told me how her son was on college break and it would be great if he could do some volunteering to fill his time.

And it was in this simple, unassuming way that David came to be a part of our team.

David as Samson
First a volunteer who brought so much joy to us.  David is full of fun and jokes.  He is a hard worker with a servant's heart.  David jumps in to help in any way he can and always does so with a positive, fun-filled attitude.  With his love of the kitchen, flair for drama and servant's heart he actually reminds me of Alfonso in many ways!!!!!

The more he volunteered with us, the more I thought what a great addition he would make to our team.

Praise God David accepted the opportunity to work with us full-time this year.  We are thrilled to have someone like him join us. 


He has creative ideas and has been helping Fielding and Carla Cage work with the youth. 

Carla, David, Sarah, and Fielding
 
 
ministering to the youth

As I remember back to that sunny October day I remember it with gratitude.  Little did I know that the blue Volvo would be the bearer of life changing news for Brazos Abiertos. 

Today I am thankful for blue volvos, sunny days, and most of all for David. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario