Adventures in Faith, learning every step of the way

domingo, 9 de febrero de 2014

The Next Book in the Series...

I love to read.  I have always been an avid reader even from the time when the stories were read to me. 

I fondly remember Mrs. Stokes, our elementary librarían, who would bend the "2 books only" rule for me and allow me to take home as many books as I liked.  I would anticípate Library day as if it were my birthday!  I can remember waddling up to the counter with my stack of books and impatiently waiting while she checked them out.  That was back in the day when checking out a book was done by hand, writing my name on the card and stamping the date due. 

I would begin Reading even before I left the library.  Most times times I slid a book underneath my textbook during class to read during classtime.  Unfortunately, I was sometimes caught and rebuked by my teacher causing me to put the book on hold until the bus ride home where I would finally totally lose myself in the story. 

There were times when a book was so very good and I was so very caught up in it that when I got to the end I felt nothing but a sinking disappointment.  I had wanted that book to go on forever.  But, oh, the excitement when I discovered that an incredible novel was only just the beginning of a series!  What I had thought was the end of a good thing was really ONLY THE BEGINNING OF A BETTER THING!

Last year and this year were the ending of a good thing and beginning of a better thing for CrossCulture Jesús.

As last year drew to a close and I realized that my faithful three had moved on to a new thing in their lives it seemed to be the end.  It was hard to see past that back cover of the story that had been written on our lives for the past several years. 

But God had something else in mind. 

2014 Impact Team

As I prayed and waited on the Lord I was thrilled to discover that as one novel in CCJ ended, the next one in the series was just beginning. 

This year's staff has been renamed "The Impact Team" as they are impacting lives in San José Pinula.  The new Impact team has proven to be an answer to prayer in just the few weeks that we have been working together.  Dreams that have lain dormant in my heart for so long are finally awakening and coming to life!  Goals that alluded us are coming into sight. 

It is a good thing.  It is a God thing.

The last two blogs have been about some of our new staff members.  The next few blogs will be as well.  It is my way of introducing you to the new Impact Team, the team that has shown me so much about faith and answered prayers in such a short time.  Each one has a story to share, and I wish to share a bit of that story with you.....

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario