Adventures in Faith, learning every step of the way

jueves, 6 de febrero de 2014

My refrigerator

Who needs modern technology to keep track of a busy Schedule when you have a nice big refrigerator like mine?????

My refigerator is covered on two sides by magnets of all shapes and sizes.  Many of the magnets tell stories of fun travels, good friends, or sweet memories.  Others used to belong to the kids.  I say "used to" because I have somewhat taken them over!!!!!!

Under those magnets you will find invitations to birthday parties, school calendar of events, announcements of special activities at school, doctor appointment reminders, and so on and so forth.  Oh, and two pictures that have been up there so long no one even notices them any more.

This morning I stood contemplating my refrigerator.  I stared extra hard at the card that invited me to take part in a meeting for Class Moms.  I was determined to go.  It meant rearranging my ministry Schedule, but I felt it was worth it.  At this meeting I would learn important information about upcoming school events and how I could be a part--- or not :)

As I stood picking through the papers on the refrigerator that tell of next week's meeting with a teacher, the need to Schedule a medical exam for my 5-year-old, a reminder to pay for a friend for a book we are studying together, and the proper dosage for a medication that my 2-year-old is on I suddenly felt overwhelmed.  This mountain of commitments were all of a personal nature.  What of the ministry?  What of the people I need to call, the appointments I need to set up, the funds I need to raise, and the donations I need to secure?  What of team prayer meetings?  What of team training?  What of admin, paperwork, accountants, bookkeepers and the like? 

My knees trembled and I began to question my ability to do it all.

Then I remembered Fielding and Carla from Go Harvesting Ministries.  They have come to help me during this time of transition as we have all new staff at the ministry and are embarking on the new journey of real school (as opposed to pre-school) at home. 
Carla and Fielding in the center

Fielding and Carla have been friends for many years.  In fact, at one point in time (I won't say how long ago) they were my youth pastors.  I value their friendship, insight, wisdom, and experience more than they could know.  Having them here to help me sort out priorities and keep the ministry moving forward even on days when I am not there is such a blessing. 

Our family so appreciates their warm smiles and positive attitudes.  We so appreciate having them come for a couple of months to serve alongside us.  They have blessed our family, ministry, and staff in ways that words cannot express. 
Carla with my son Cohen

As I turned away from the refrigerator I walked with a lighter step.  I am so thankful for Fielding and Carla and their ministry to the nations.  I am thankful for the thousands of ways they are supporting us at this time.  I am thankful for those that support them financially making it possible for Go Harvesting to come harvesting in Guatemela. 

Today I am thankful for Fielding and Carla. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario