Adventures in Faith, learning every step of the way

lunes, 3 de marzo de 2014

Dear Abi

Dear Abi. 

Dear, sweet, Abi.

I met Abi last year when she interpreted for a team that visited us.  Immeditately I felt a connection with her.  A pastor's daughter, she had a real heart for people and a teachable spirit. 

After the week she spent with our visiting team I kept in touch.  Something in me was certain she would make a perfect match with our ministry. 

So, a short time later, with a humble heart I approached her.  I let her know that I had been praying about having her join us but that we just didn't have the funds to pay what she deserved.  What I offered her was pititful, to say the least. 
Abi teaching a class

Regardless of the poor excuse of a salary, Abi accepted.  This spoke VOLUMES to me about her true character. 

Abi was patient and listened to instruction.  She was moldable.  She was teachable.  Abi's tender heart and love for children is apparant to anyone who sees her with them.  Her honesty, integrity, and willingness to please have won her a permanent place in all of our hearts.

Right hand person
All those qualities and more have promoted her to be my right-hand person. 

Although Abi came to us wanting to learn from this ministry I have found that It is I who learn so much from Abi's example.  I am truly, truly thankful to the Lord for having crossed our paths. 



Abi now oversees the the weekly planning, the feeding center, helps with secretarial duties, and mission team planning!  shew!  and STILL teaches ALL the classes with a brilliant smile and shining spirit! 
always full of love and always loved
An example to follow- Today I give thanks for Abi.

Thankfully, we have been able to increase her salary just a bit- but it still isn't enough.  Please pray with me for increase in that área.  I would love to be able to offer a salary worthy of this jewel of a person!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario