Adventures in Faith, learning every step of the way

jueves, 15 de agosto de 2013

The Rainbow

As a girl I had one of those books that has pictures of silly animal characters on each page.  This type of book has divisions for the head, body, and legs, allowing you to flip the pages and create different combinations of silly characters.  It was fun to flip through.  Sometimes I deliberately made a creation, other times I closed my eyes and flipped the pages to surprise myself with a new and unexpected combination.

So often I look at the ministry that God has given others and I want mine to look that way.  I wish for this part and that part of what the Lord has entrusted to someone else.  I realize that if this ministry were left up to me to add to, take away from, to mimic and copy bits and pieces of other ministries I know... that it would look like one of my silly childhood creations. It is only when I truly follow God's plan for my life and the ministry He has given me that they take the proper shape they should have.

God has a purpose for each of us.  He has a ministry for each of us.  He has divine plans for your life and mine.  And they are all different.  As different as the colors on the rainbow, unique and made up of different wave lengths.  Put together they form a beautiful, breathtaking sight. 

When I purpose in my heart to walk out the path that He has laid for me, I am allowing myself to be a part of something beautiful. 

Even if my life isn't always what I wish it was or what I think it could be- it is beautiful.  It is Holy.  It is set apart.  Because it is ordained by God. 

So today as I reflect on my color of the rainbow in God's scheme of things, I pray especially for contentment.  I pray that I would be content with all that the Lord has placed in my hand and done in and through me instead of looking around and desiring something else.  I pray to be content with afternoons at the park, pediatrician, or dentist.  I pray to be content with more work than time.  I pray to be content with a ministry team of 2 or 3 instead of the 8 or 10 I desire.  I pray to be content to start a feeding center on only Fridays instead of the 3 days I week I would prefer.  I pray to be content as long as I KNOW that I am walking out God's plan for me right now, in this season.  Because season's soon change.  And sometimes I think I feel the breeze of change beginning to blow around me.  And other time's I am not so sure.

In the meanwhile, I pray to be content.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario