Adventures in Faith, learning every step of the way

lunes, 26 de agosto de 2013

Standing with Arms Raised

"So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill.  As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning , but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning, When Moses´ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it.  Aaron and Hur held his hands up- one on one side, one on the other - so that his hands remained steadily till sunset.  So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword." (Ex. 17:10-13)

There has come a time in my life when my hands have grown tired.  The battle has been long, the victories many-- but now I find that keeping my arms raised proves to be too much.
 
 CrossCulture Jesus has grown so much over the past few years- really it is incredible to believe that this ministry with a small (very small) army of workers that now reaches hundreds of children weekly began with just little ol' me and then with faithful Yolanda.

So far, just this year:

we have held a training class for several area churches-

we have hosted 4 mission teams (not to mention those still to come)


we have continued the Little Giants Bible Club 3 times a week reaching over 70 families and more than 125 children.
birthday bags waiting for the birthday celebration
We have had special events, taught Bible based values in a school, visited homes, given out donations of food and clothing, and done so much already that one simple blog could not mention it all.

...and there is more to come...

by this weekend we will have begun perhaps our greatest adventure of all--- a feeding center.
photo taken at a friend's feeding center
AND MY HANDS ARE GETTING TIRED...

I am so thankful to two special groups that are coming in to help hold up my hands for a while.  I am thankful to my sister-in-law's work group from the Mariano Galvez University that is donating the plates and water bottles for the feeding center, plus helping us to secure donations and strengthen weak areas in the program.  I am also thankful for Laverne, a friend from Faith Landmarks Ministries in Virginia, who is coming to observe and lend us her expertise in the area of pre-schoolers.  She and her crew are willing to make several trips to Guatemala to help us grow effectively.

I am thankful.  I know the Lord Jesus Himself has sent these two groups to hold my hands up at this time.

But we need a more permanent solution as well.

This is what I see as I work in my small office at home.
and this...

The ministry has grown.  So have its demands.  My family has grown.  So have its demands.  I am finding it more and more difficult to fit it all in!  Finding time for motherhood (swimming lessons, homework, karate, school projects, pediatrician, dentist, trips to the park, errands, and so on and so forth) and to administrate an ENTIRE GROWING AND SUCCESSFUL MINISTRY.  wow.  words cannot describe the conflict I live at times.

I am reminded of this verse in particular:

"Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent." (Ex. 33:11)

I need a Joshua.  I need an aide that can stay in the tent ministering and administering while I return to camp (home) and take care of things there.  I surely could not mention this need without first of all mentioning Chrissy and Yolanda who are on the front lines teaching the classes every day.  More faithful soldiers you will not find.  However, I also need a ministry administrator to help shoulder the load of paperwork, errands and internal control, allowing CrossCulture Jesus to continue to grow in a healthy, effective manner.

My prayer today is for God to send us a Joshua with a willing heart.  Please pray with us for an administrator to join our staff.  Or if you know of someone who might be interested, have them contact me directly!!!!
www.crossculturejesus.org

And please pass along this blog :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario