Adventures in Faith, learning every step of the way

domingo, 11 de mayo de 2014

Silence is Golden

Silence is Golden they say.  I don't think that applies to blogs.  It has been a while since I last wrote.

You might think this means that there was nothing much going on.  On the contrary- between preparing a team retreat, preparing for a mother's day event for over 70 moms, going to school events, helping with school projects, doctor's appointments, banking errands, ministry purchases, sorting out mission teams, hosting my mom for 3 weeks and my dad for one--- well, I just didn't have time to sit down and put my thoughts together. 

On Friday I took my dad to see the ABA feeding center in action.  There is something so much more captivating about seeing the feeding center in person rather than just hearing about it.  When you see dirty children in torn clothing rushing eagerly down the hallway with grins as big as the Cheshire cat, well, it does something to you.  When you see matted hair on top and holes in the shoes on the bottom of children who are so generous with their affection it stirs something in you. 

Outside the children waited (im)patiently for the doors to open.  As children will do their was some measure of bickering.  Once the doors opened they tried to rush in like a flood.  I stood at the door to hold them at bay.  By greeting them individually and asking about school, family etc I was able to encourage them to walk up the stairs one by one.


They piled into our activities' room and the fun began.

Abi and Anita taught the children about Saying NO to temptation.  The children participated in the class.  They enjoyed the song and the game and wiggled a bit during the teaching.



And at last it was time to come back downstairs for their now full plates. 


It was rather poignant scene as smaller children sat quietly on the steps awaiting older siblings to help them carry away the meal.

What a wonderful way to end the visit with my dad who left the very next day.  I am so thankful that my parents are keenly interested in what CCJ does here.  What a blessing to have parents who are interested, supporting, and standing behind us.  Can't wait for them to come back and hope I don't have to wait another 2.5 years for that to happen.

And to all of you who help us feed these Little ones- THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario