Adventures in Faith, learning every step of the way

martes, 28 de mayo de 2013

Humbled and Awed

Several weeks I go I sent out a simple page expressing an urgent need- supplies and support for the ABA Feeding Center.

Yesterday I sat at my computer in my tiny office at the bottom of the stairs and read the report of contributions received during the month of May.  I WAS HUMBLED AND AWED.  The support that came in during this month has more than met the immediate needs of supplies and some have even begun to offer monthly sponsorship for a child.

Unable to continue reading as the tears blurred my vision, instead I slipped to my knees, knelt at my desk, and began to pray.  I prayed for the Lord to bless all of those who gave so generously.  I prayed for the Lord to meet every need they have as they have so generously met our need.  I prayed for the Lord to give me wisdom and guidance to use this money wisely, as a good steward.  After all, I am just a steward, the money is the Lord's.  I prayed for the Lord to search my heart and know my ways and to correct anything that might be wrong so that I would not let down any of those who support us monthly or occasionally- those who trust me and trust this ministry to bear fruit for the Kingdom. 

For a moment I just sat there and felt the great weight of responsibility that I always feel when I pray for our sponsors.  I am responsible to them to use these resources wisely, in the best possible way to reach this town for Jesus. It is not a responsibility that I take lightly

In the book of John chapter 6 I recently read the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000.  As I sat there before the Lord, my heart worshiping the God who has once again met our need through the generosity of friends, I felt the Lord talking to me about this passage.

You see, Jesus turned to Philip who was from the region to ask where they could buy bread for so many people.  Philip quickly answers that 200 denarii isn't enough money.  Isn't enough?  No, it probably wasn't- but it was no small figure either as it totaled about 8 months wage for an average worker.  Do YOU have 8 months wage in your wallet?  Then a boy comes with 5 barley loaves and 2 small fish.  There is a hidden message here.  Barely was a poor man's bread.  The rich ate wheat bread.

So, the poor boy looked at the need, then at his source (God) and determined that his re-source was enough...even though it was meager.  The man with more resources (8 months wages if you recall) forgot to look at his source and quickly determined that his resources did not meet the need.

I think if I had been there that day I would have put more stock in feeding the multitude with 8 months wages than with a poor boy's lunch.  But God didn't use man's wisdom.  He used the unexpected to meet the need.

And He has done it again.  God has faithfully provided by using the unexpected - those from whom I have not heard in a while, those that I am quick to judge as "giving enough already", and those for whom I know it is a struggle to send an offering.  God touched each of their hearts, they looked to Him as their source, and they obeyed.

Just as the poor boy was a crucial element in feeding the 5,000 I know that those who are standing with me at this hour are also crucial to the feeding of multitudes.  They are part of this miracle that is taking place in San José Pinula.

THANK YOU FOR GIVING WHETHER OUT OF YOUR ABUNDANCE OR YOUR POOR BOY'S LUNCH - THANK YOU.


If you, too, want to be a part of this check out our website for details:
www.crossculturejesus.org








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario