Adventures in Faith, learning every step of the way

viernes, 30 de noviembre de 2012

It's a bird, it's a plane... it's Vacation Bible School!

With an aviation theme the Brazos Abiertos team and volunteers taught approximately 50 children that seeking first the Kingdom of God is a REAL adventure.  With Bible and real life examples of adventurers the children were taught a different aspect of the main theme daily during our Vacation Bible School week.


"The wonderful Adventure of Seeking God"
The sunshine peeking through the clouds on Tuesday morning held the promise of laughter.  As I walked up the stairwell towards the third level of the ministry base I could hear that laughter resounding within our concrete walls.  The ministry building was filled with joy as nearly 50 children joined our staff and volunteers for a time of praise and worship.

With enthusiasm not marred by a life of religiosity, these children freely lifted hands and danced unto the Lord.  Despite coming from homes where little if any knowledge of Jesus exists we have been able to bring these energetic little people into a place of reverent worship.  It is a precious thing to behold as they bring their petitions to the Lord in faith.







I remember going to VBS.  I remember fingering a quarter in my pocket and waiting expectantly for my turn to give in the offering.  The children packed into our activity room only differed in they type of coin they fingered- quetzales instead of quarters!  This year on of our volunteers came up with a creative offering bucket- one that actually smiled at the children as they gave.  One that might look familiar to some of you.

our offering bucket


The VBS morning begins with all ages together learning the central theme for the day.  Then we split up into 4 age groups for snack, Bible lesson, memory verse, and craft. 

Chrissy with her class

Yolanda with her class

craft time!

         
the smallest little people

I have such fond memories of VBS as a child.  Learning Bible truths that molded and shaped my heart and therefore my life.  I am so thankful to the women of the church who worked so hard to plan classes, crafts, and snacks.  As I looked around me on Tuesday at the smiles and heard the children recite memory verses from the previous day I was filled with a sense of KNOWING that VBS will hold the same sweet memories for the children of San José Pinula.

On behalf of these children I want to thank the staff and volunteers of Brazos Abiertos who diligently planned and carried out the classes, crafts, and snacks.  I want to thank our supporters who sowed finances making this week possible.

May God bless you all!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario