Adventures in Faith, learning every step of the way

viernes, 25 de julio de 2014

Quiet Contemplation

I sit here in the quiet of night reflecting on the time we just shared at a church in a village of San José Pinula.  We took a team of youth to minister through song, drama, and sharing the Word.  The prayer time afterwards was powerful.  As the Holy Spirit filled the place I was struck with how God delights in using the most unlikely candidates at times.

I watched the youth minister in song: one on the guitar, one on the keyboard, another on the drums, and a couple of vocals.  I thought how I have no particular talent at all.  I am not very artsy.  I don't even have a charming personality that draws others to me!  I am just Little ol' somewhat boring ME. 

Still, somewhere, one step at a time, I began a long walk down destiny's road.  And I ended up here. 

This afternoon these same youth helped me to open a door into a public school that had been distrustful in times past.  For the first time we were able to go in and with skits, dramas, games, and testimonies share the goodness of God.  Before our visit the school was very hesitant to allow us to enter.  They were afraid that the very Catholic parents would be offended.  With much prayer for favor and grace we were granted permission.  Then the planning began.  How to present the góspel in such a way that it points toward God's forgiveness and mercy while not directly giving an altar call. 

The youth stepped up to the challenge and pulled it off brilliantly.  Now the school is thrilled that we came and has opened its doors for us to have future visits.

This is just one of many schools.

Recently another school sent Word to me begging to be included in our ministry Schedule. 

And schools aren't the only ones pleading.  I also have a list of people who wish to work for us full-time.  These people desire to teach children the Word of God.  They want to share Jesús with the lost.  They want to minister to the needy and downtrodden.  And they want to do it with us. 

And so, likely candidate or not, I find myself once again on my knees before God.  If He has called me to this place then surely He has already supplied all I need to prosper here.  I lay before the throne our great need for more staff and missionaries in order to handle all of the invitations we have to minister.  Also, the additional finances we need to pay more staff members!  I give these needs over to the Lord who has continued to supply everything we need over the years.  If He has called us to be here then He will provide for us. 

All that is left is to trust in Him and see His glory manifested in us and through us.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario