Adventures in Faith, learning every step of the way

domingo, 15 de junio de 2014

New Wind in my Sails

ARRR ARRR MATEY!!!!!

Camp Sonshine came roaring in on a pirate ship this year.  The more than 100 children who attended last year's camp were eagerly anticipating this year's fun.  But the fun was multiplied as Camp Sonshine allowed an open registration- allowing new children to join our "crew". 


At CCJ / ABA we were more than willing to take on new comers, welcoming them into our Little Giants program.   I haven't Heard a final count of children in attendance, but I would say the number was easily 200 children between the morning and evening.  As this coming week will mark our first class since the camp, we know not what to expect in the way of attendence but our expectancy is high.
Lots of fun-filled praise!

Last week boasted of three fun-filled days teaching children about what is truly of value in God's eyes: Treasures in Heaven.  Each day the Pirates taught a central Bible Verse and built upon it with games and crafts. The children thoroughly enjoyed the exciting songs.  It was a time of sharing God's love and purpose with the children of San José Pinula which will not be forgotten! 
Captain José

craft time!



my favorite Little pirate enjoying his snack!


But apart from the obvious blessing of having the camp come to minister to "our" children-- there was another blessing hidden away like a great treasure stored up just for me.

The families who came were a great source of encouragement to me.  As they listened to my hopes, dreams,and challenges they were able to laugh, advise, and tell of their experiences.  I valued their words like drops of gold. 

I was also able to glimpse into the amazing heart of my staff members.  Lilian and Xiomara in particular both expressed to me their deep desire to see this ministry grow and bless even more children.  They talked of their own personal devotion to the visión and their own personal desire to help make it happen. 

 Hearing them talk and knowing that my staff is fully behind me is like wind under my wings- pushing me along. 
a time of praying for the children

So, although the past week had its moments of extreme exhaustion, it was also a time of finding a new wind to fill my sails.

I invite you to hop on board and sail along on this adventure of changing San José Pinula- one child at a time!!!!
David and one of his new buddies

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario